European Science Diplomacy Online Course
This S4D4C European Science Diplomacy Online Course is completely free of charge for you. The launching of the platform has been funded within the EU project S4D4C by the European Commission. The successful completion of the course is awarded by an offical certificate. Our online course offers you eight modules, in which six modules (2-7) include learning content:
- Module 1: How to Get Started? This module aims to advise you how to use the S4D4C online platform. It does not contain learning material.
- Module 2: What Is Science Diplomacy? This module sets the context of the state of the art in science diplomacy, conceptual approaches, type of professionals involved, etc.
- Module 3: Who Are the Science Diplomacy Stakeholders? It briefly describes different stakeholders and networks in science diplomacy.
- Module 4: How Does the European Union Practice Science Diplomacy? To focus on the current state of science diplomacy within the European Union (EU), understanding the political structure of the EU, the EU science and innovation system and lastly the science diplomacy ecosystem.
- Module 5: What National, Regional, and Thematic Approaches of Science Diplomacy Exist? This module gives you an overview of different science diplomacy strategies across countries, regions, or topics of interest around the world.
- Module 6: What Set of Skills Do I Need to Be a Good Science Diplomat? This module helps you reflect on your skills and which ones you need to promote, improve, or train to be a science diplomat.
- Module 7: Hands on! Case Studies. This module gives you practical insights into science diplomacy cases and summarises the main findings of the empirical analysis undertaken by S4D4C.
- Module 8: How Can You Dive Deeper into the Topic? This module contains a list with additional references to deepen your knowledge in the field of science diplomacy. This content is voluntary.