Call for Contributions: 5th International Research Workshop on Archetypes in Sustainability Research
Related GLP Member:
Objectives: The workshop will strengthen the network of researchers using the archetypes approach in sustainability research. Specifically, it will provide a unique opportunity to:
- Present cutting-edge research on archetypes in sustainability research, including original research and methodological developments.
- Pitch new research ideas and spark collaborative follow-up activities.
- Review the progress of the research agenda on archetypes of sustainability 2021-25.
- Generate a proposal for a special issue on archetypes and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Contribution streams: We invite contributions under two streams: a general stream, which includes any research related to archetypes in sustainability research; and a special stream, which links archetypes to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Contributions under the special stream could answer questions such as the following:
- Globally, progress is being made towards some SDGs, while for others progress has stagnated or worsened. Progress also varies at the regional, country, and local levels. How can archetypes explain these trends? What are possible levers for improving progress towards some or all the SDGs at various levels?
- Already the world is two years into the Decade of Action. How could the archetypes approach and/or knowledge of archetypes contribute to the development of the post- 2030 sustainability agenda?
Finally, we also invite contributions related to themes that have emerged at previous workshops, including issues of causality in archetypes analysis; dynamic archetypes; and archetypes and the science-policy-society interface.
Download the invitation