Call for abstracts: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability
As part of the 2018 IGU Regional Conference (http://igu2018.ulaval.ca
) which will be held in the Québec City Convention Centre from August 6 to 10, 2018, the IGU commission on Geography for Future Earth: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability (IGU-GFE) will organize the session “Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability”. We are inviting papers for presentation in our session which covers the following areas of interest (but are not limited to):
- Fundamentals of Geography for Future Earth, and especially new theories and hypothesis on coupled human-earth systems for sustainability;
- Open and inclusive platforms for Geospatial Big Data and observations of coupled human-earth systems;
- Integrated Earth system models to deepen our understanding of complex Earth systems and human dynamics across different scales;
- Linkages and dynamic analysis among ecological process, services, and human wellbeing;
- Human Contributions and Responses to global climate/environmental changes and sustainability;
- Evaluation tools for sustainable development, multi-scale sustainability evaluation, and sustainable scenarios for transformative development pathways.
All abstract submissions must be made through the IGU-CAG- NCGE Online Submission Platform: http://igu2018.ulaval.ca/registration/how-to-
submit/. Abstracts must not exceed 250 words. The abstract should describe the object of study, research questions, methods, and conclusions. By submitting an abstract, you grant to the conference organizer the right to publish and distribute your abstract in the conference abstract proceeding and electronically.
All abstracts are due by 15 March 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.
We also encourage proposals that extend beyond these main thematic areas as a new session under IGU-GFE.
Call for Papers