- Who We Are
- How We Work
- Our Science
- News & Events
- Find a Scientist
- OSM 2019
- Become a Member
University of Göttingen
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Monday, April 1, 2019
The Division of Social-Ecological Interactions in Agricultural Systems at Georg-August-Universität Göttingen offers by 01.04.2019 (pending final approval of funds) a position for a
for a period of three years. Payment is according to salary scale 13 TV-L (100%).
The position is integrated into a project funded by BiodivERsA/Belmont Forum: „ENVISION An inclusive approach to assessing integrative scenarios and visions for protected area management“. ENVISION aims to develop an inclusive approach to the conservation of protected areas in Europe and the United States, which will combine participatory scenario modelling, multi-narrative platforms, and knowledge co-creation processes. The position is based in Göttingen (Germany) but requires traveling and extended research stays in Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands, and the US.
- Co-ordinating a work-package on „Framing inclusive conservation“
- Performing systematic reviews, social-ecological inventories, and oral history surveys in four protected areas
- Developing an inclusive conservation approach that embraces multiple visions of how people relate to protected areas
- Contributing to the social-ecological framework and synthesis of the project
- Publication of project insights in scientific journals and other outlets for multiple target groups
- PhD in agriculture, forestry, geography, environmental social sciences or related field
- Experiences in participatory research methods
- Experience in working at the science-policy interface on biodiversity or protected area management at European and international scales
- Demonstrated skills to publish in international journals
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Experience in working cohesively in an interdisciplinary team environment
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life.The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please submit your application by 14 February 2019 as a single PDF document through our application platform: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100462.nsf. Application documents should include: motivation letter (incl. specification of research interests), CV, PhD, Master and Bachelor level certificates and transcripts, summary of the PhD thesis, and names and contact details of two academic references. Your electronic documents will be deleted three months after the selection process is completed.
Professor Tobias Plieninger, E-Mail: email@example.com is available for questions. Interviews are likely to be scheduled for 27.02.2019.
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Professor Tobias Plieninger