We seek a motivated, broadly thinking scholar whose research focuses on the quantitative analysis of the impact that land use has on the interaction between biodiversity and resource provisioning (e.g. clean water, agricultural production) and ecosystem services (e.g. pollination, pest control) in agricultural landscapes.
Research shall cover multiple scales from landscapes to global scale assessments. We especially seek to foster our predictive modelling competences that link abiotic and biotic processes.
In an interdisciplinary team you gain the opportunity to develop your own research program complementing our research activities. We expect the development of grant proposals and publications and the (co-)supervision of PhD students.
Your main tasks include the following:
- Independent research to the field of the above mention topics that corresponds to one's own interests
- Scientific development and improvement of at least landscape up to global scale ecological/biodiversity models;
- Cooperation within the Helmholtz Center for Environmental Research – UFZ, national and international research partners;
- Presentation of research results at international conferences and publication in international journals;
- Supervision of PhD students and theses on your own research topics
- Ph.D. degree in environmental science with experience in landscape scale biodiversity and/or processes-based modelling, evaluation of model results and scientific documentation of models
- Good statistical and geographic/spatial modelling knowledge and experiences in meta-analyses is beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as networking skills
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams; creative thinking
- Structured working style and analytical thinking
- Previous postdoctoral experience is preferred, but not mandatory
- Work in inter-disciplinary, multinational teams and excellent links with national and international research networks
- The freedom you need to bridge the difficult gap between basic research and close to being ready for application
- A vibrant region with a high quality of life and a wide cultural offering for a balance between family and professional life
- Interesting career opportunities and an extensive range of training and further education courses
- Remuneration up to the TVöD public-sector pay grade 13 including attractive public-sector social security benefits